30 ways to identify a fool
We hear from fools all the time on this blog. I generally reject their attempts to have a voice here because the words of a fool are like airborne infections. They protest charging “censorship”, “discrimination” and the likes but The Bible warns us not to answer a fool according to his folly. In other words, you can’t reason with a person infected with a foolish mind. In case you don’t know how to recognize a fool, Dr. Matthew Stevenson, pastor in Chicago penned a handy guide on how to recognize one, biblical style. And a fool should be properly labeled.
1. A Fool is anyone who despises wisdom, instruction or correction from a Mentor or Teacher. Proverbs 1:7 ” The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge,but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
2. A Fool is anyone that uses slander through lying and misrepresentation. Proverbs 10:18 ” He that uttereth slander is a FOOL”
3. A Fool is anyone who refuses to depart from evil, even when corrected. Proverbs 13:19 “But is is an abomination to Fools, to depart from evil. ”
4. A Fool is anyone who does not take the dangers of Sin seriously. Proverbs 14:9 ” Fools mock at sin; but among the righteous there is favor”
5. A Fool is anyone who does not use discretion, with matters that should be private. Proverbs 14:33 ” Wisdom rests in the heart of him that has understanding, but that which is in the midst of a Fool, will be made known. ”
6. A Fool is anyone that disregards the wisdom of a Godly father. Proverbs 15: 5 ” A FOOL despises a Fathers instruction, but he that regards reproof is prudent”
7.A Fool is anyone whose conduct does not change even after experiencing painful consequences from it. Proverbs 17:10 ” A reproof entereth more into a wise man, that a hundred stripes on a Fool”
8.A Fool is anyone who considers pursuing wisdom as a waste of time. Proverbs 17:16 ” Wherefore is there a price in the hand of a fool to get wisdom, seeing that he hath no heart for it? Proverbs 17:16
9.A Fool is anyone who calls Himself mad at God Proverbs 19:3 ” The Foolish, perverts His way, and His heart fretteth against the Lord”
10. A Fool is someone who is always involved in strife. Proverbs 20:3 It is an honour for a man to cease from strife, but every fool will be involved in meddling.”
11. A Fool is someone who has no understanding of sowing and reaping. 1 Cor 15:36
12. A fool is any man who spends more money that he is able to earn for his family. Proverbs 21:20 ” There is treasure to be desired and oil in the dwelling of the wise, but a foolish man spendeth it up!”
13. A Fool is anyone who creates his own belief system contrary to the word of God. Proverbs 28:26 ” He that trusts his own heart IS A FOOL, but whoever walks wisely will be delivered.
14. A Fool is anyone who refuses to pay His debts! Ecclesiastes 5: 4-5 ” When thou vowest a vow unto God, defer not to pay it, for hath no pleasure in FOOLS. “
15. A Fool is anyone who makes Money, Riches or Money making his god. Luke 12: 20-21 ” But God said unto Him, THOU FOOL, this night thy soul shall be required of thee, then whose things be which thou hast provided? So that he that layeth up treasures for himself is not rich towards God”
16.A Fools lips is ALWAYS at the center of division, strife and contention. Proverbs 18:6-7 ” A fools lips enter into contention, and his mouth calls for strokes. A fools mouth is his destruction, and his lips are the snare of his soul.”
17. A FRIEND of fools, will be destroyed. Proverbs 13:20 ” He that walketh with wise men shall be wise, but the companion of FOOLS shall be destroyed”
18. LIARS are fools. Proverbs 10:8 ” He that hideth hatred with lying lips….is a fool.
19. Foolishness and Fool like behavior will reveal the spiritual and mental age of a person. It must be BEAT out of Him. Proverbs 22:15 ” Foolishness is in the heart of a Child, but a ROD of correction, drives it fare from him!”
20. A Fool cant be changed through counsel. Proverbs 23:9 ” Speak not in the ears of a fool, He will despise the words of they wisdom”
21. A Fool should NEVER be in any form of leadership. Proverbs 24:7 ” Wisdom is TOO high for a fool, he openeth not his mouth at the gate”
22. A fool is destructive to all that trust Him. Proverbs 26:6 ” He that sendeth a message by the hand of a fool, cutteth off his feet and drinks damage”
23. A fool wont change, irrespective of him saying wise things. Proverbs 26:7 ” The legs of the lame are not equal, so are parables in the mouth of a fool”
24. A fool who gets honor is deadly to those around him. Proverbs 26:8 ” He that bindeth a stone to a sling, is the same that giveth honour to a fool”
25. A fool is someone who makes the same mistakes repeatedly Proverbs 26:11 ” as a dog returns to his vomit, so is a fool, that returns to his folly”
26. Meeting a BEAR is safer than encountering a Fool. Proverbs 17:12 ” Let a bear robbed of her children, meet a man rather that a fool in his folly.”
27. There is no PEACE in relationship with a Fool. Proverbs 29:9 ” If a wise man contends with a foolish man, whether he laughs or is in rage, there is no rest!:
28. An atheist is a fool. Psalms 14:1 ” The FOOL hath said in his heart there is no God.
29. Conversations with Fools, may turn you into one. Proverbs 26:4 ” Answer not a fool in his folly, lest you be like unto him.”
30. A Fool TALKS TOO MUCH! Ecclesiastes 5: 3″ A Fools voice is known by the multitude of His words”