Black Gospel Music riding “new cart” apostasy
Black Gospel music has long been a draw to get people into the institutionalized church. Many people will come to a church to hear the choir sing before they will come to hear the preacher preach. New competition shows like How Sweet the Sound are now elevating the spiritually nebulous choir to greater prominence as representatives of the black church, while sex and money scandals are diminishing the role of the preacher.
GCM Watch has covered the rampant homosexuality entrenched in the Black Gospel music industry before here and here . However, you should be aware that industry workers are using the “new cart method” of traveling gospel music/comedy tours, gospel music artists appearing on late night talk-shows, and gospel music artists partnering with ungodly secular artists allegedly to “reach the youth”.
What is new cart method? If you read 1 Chronicles 13 ,it tells how King David used a new cart to bring the ark of the covenant into Jerusalem, following the pattern of the Philistines who used a new cart to transport the ark of the covenant. The Philistines didn’t know any better because they were unaware of the methods and restrictions of transporting the Ark which literally housed the presence of God. As King, David should have known better, because Israel were covenant people. The scripture records that as the ark was being moved it almost fell to the ground. But a man named Uzzah instinctively reached to steady it. When his hand touched it, he was killed instantly . Judgment was swift because King David didn’t seek the proper order of the Lord. Uzzah was the son of Abinadab where the ark of the covenant had been stored at his fathers house for years. He had been around the ark nearly all his life, however he was ignorant and didn’t understand that God required his commands to be followed to the letter. And in his zeal without knowledge it cost him his life.
Deadly mix: strange fire, gospel music and new carts
As reported by gcmwatch, you have Mary Mary toured with R&B artist Maxwell and made guest appearances on BET’s 106 and Park, Kirk Franklin and Steve Harvey (yes the one with the profane mouth) are now together on a “gospel comedy tour”. A slew of gospel music artists are now making foot kissing missions to the foul mouthed comedian Monique. Who are they? Kirk Franklin , Yolanda Adams, Marvin Sapp , Tye Tribbett , Deitrick Haddon, Vickie Winans, Bebe and Cece Winans, Shirely Caesar, David and Tamela Mann to name a few.
In the process of attempting to be relevant to the world, to make church hip and cool, the gospel music industry has put the glory of God on new carts to win the world’s acceptance. Instead of relying on the Holy Spirit to convict lost sinners in the world to repent and be saved, acceptance and false love seems to be the goal. Gospel music is a means to the end of achieving that acceptance.
Defending Mary Mary’s worldly partnerships, a person commenting on Facebook said, “the church needs more relevant music that would draw young people”. That’s a major error circulating with black gospel devotees. It elevates music/entertainment over Jesus Christ and over scripture as the guide for so-called evangelism. But didn’t Jesus say if “I be lifted up from the earth I will draw all men unto Him.” Church folk have lifted up their gospel idols more than Jesus Christ, and the results reflect that. It has produced a spiritually shallow, carnal minded Christians. The new cart method creates opposition to Five-Fold ministry which is the proper order of the Church to equip and edify the saints. Utimately, God’s gifts are to bring the body of Christ to maturity so that we’re not tossed to and fro by every wind of doctrine. Music does have a place in the church, but it was not intended to usurp the authority of Jesus Christ and his governmental gifts.
The proper order of music ministry
After the mess the gospel music industry has caused with its illegitimate “ministry”, concerned music ministers should seek to right the cart using God’s proper order within the Church.
1. Singers should sing unto the Lord, and should praise Him in the beauty of holiness(2 Chromicles 20:21). They should be separated from the world unto God. Both singers and musicians should have an inward disposition of reverence and purity, and resists all that offends the holy nature of God(1 Chronicles 16:29).
2. Songs sung in the House of God should be unto the Lord, and not for entertainment purposes to entertain the flesh and people(1 Chronicles 25:7). Songs that are sung should glorify God.
3. True minstrels/musicians help set spiritual atmosphere for the supernatural which does not include thrill seeking song that appeal to the flesh (2 Kings 3:15).
6. A difference between holy and unholy should always be the standard in music. Gospel music artist who claim to love God, should not partner with those who promote ungodliness, sexual immorality and use gratuitous profanity. (1 John 2:15-16 ; 2 Chronicles 19:2).
7. The cult of celebrity should be destroyed as quickly as possible at its roots. True singers and musicians of God reflect Jesus and serve people, instead of demanding service and accolades. (Mark 10:45).
8. Use singing and music to lead people into true sacrifice unto the Lord( Hebrews 13:15).
Pastors, leaders, church singers, and church musicians must repent from the new cart method, sanctify and follow the order of the Lord . To avoid God’s judgment, HIS church must return to holy living. Its a disgrace to our Lord to lead people into entertainment based false worship of people and gifts. Jesus wants back into your church. Now.