Category Archives: biblical exposition
Matthew Vines Reformation Project trainee: male on male sex romps okay as long as they are “Christ honoring”
Interesting point raised by Stasis Online about how followers of Matthew Vines’ gay christian Reformation Project regurgitate silly religious context memes as justification for homosexuality. Basically, they contend that same sex relationships are okay as long as they are “loving, monogamous and Christ-honoring”. Please don’t laugh, they are serious. Cultural context is very important to the reformers. This group of reformers all born in within the last 50 years or so have concluded that the preceding 2,000 years of church doctrines, leaders who personally walked with or were called by Christ (Paul, Peter, Jude, etc) and even social norms ALL got it wrong. Even Peter, Paul, Jude and the apostolic fathers who shed their blood for the church actually lived in the culture they wrote about, the RPers say they got it wrong. As one wrote on a Charisma comment section: “One has only to do the work and learn for themselves to understand cultural context and original language to see the Bible was never speaking about loving, monogamous Christ honoring same sex relationships.”
The revelation of arrogance and ignorance of the arrogance encased in such words are stunning. But such are the enlightened beliefs of the reformers.
As Stasis pointed out there’s some serious intellectual thuggery going on with Matthew Vines and his Reformation Project. How can you assert cultural context is important to the textual revelation but ignore the implications of your own textual gymnastics? We decided to give the cultural context theory a whirl and see if its legitimacy is adaptable to the other sexual prohibitions located in close proximity to the homosexual prohibition.
The assertion is that homosexuality is exempted because in context a “loving, monogamous Christ-honoring” man on man sex romp is acceptable. The Reformation Project’s thesis reads like this:
Sex between two men or two women is okay as long as its loving, monogamous and Christ-honoring. But does it work with the other perversions? Let’s see if they work.
Sex with your mother is okay as long as its loving, monogamous and Christ-honoring.
Sex with animals is okay as long as its loving, monogamous and Christ-honoring.
Sex with your blood brother or sister is okay as long as its loving, monogamous and Christ-honoring.
Sex with your grandchildren is okay as long as its loving, monogamous and Christ-honoring.
Sex with your neighbor’s wife is okay as long as its loving, monogamous and Christ-honoring.
All of these sexual relationships are banned along with homosexual relationships in the same passage and provides no distinctions between any of them. There are no astericks on the homosexual prohibition (vs22). If the context is really about loving, monogamous and Christ-honoring relationship why doesn’t it work with all the other prohibitions?
Can someone inform the Reformers that what they are trying to reform cant be reformed because the original author wont allow it? Even scarier?: Matthew Vines may be the new Charles Manson of the gay religious world. His followers seem ready to kill the truth on command for him.
Pastor Dwight McKissic’s new blog post is an insightful look at the past and the present. Its a significant blueprint for the 21st century church that strives to remain true to the will of God as we navigate growing governmental acceptance of homosexuality and the specter of persecution that waits silently in the wings.
In it, the influential black Southern Baptist pastor of Cornerstone Church in Arlington, Texas asks “How Should Kingdom Citizens Relate to Gay and A New Gay-Friendly America?”
The righteous of our day have been seemingly transported back to the spirit and age that existed in ancient sodom where perversion and the disregard for life were the dominant vices that gripped the region’s residents. Most may not realize that Sodom was prosperous and influential by modern standards. It was one of the reasons Lot was attracted to the area. Besides its moral perversion, Ezekiel pointed out that one of the city’s fatal flaws that it had ‘excess of food and prosperous” (ESV) but had no concern for those suffering. (16:49)
Saints of today are increasing confronted by the challenges of a new sodom. Homosexuality is seen as a virtue to be celebrated and affirmed. Those who refuse to dance to the music are marginalized, demonized and subjected to punitive actions by the state. Clearly, things have changed wrote Pastor McKissic.
“The world that I was born into in 1956 did not officially and affirmatively recognize a “gay” person as a sociological category that merited celebration, congratulations, affirmation, special rights in addition to civil rights, minority status, entitlements, or any of the like. Heretofore, identity and recognition as a human being, American citizen, male or female, a member of a people group, religious affiliation, or your Daddy’s name, was sufficient. Within the past decade, the U.S. military, pulpits, POTUS, SCOTUS, Halls of Congress, popular votes in certain states, the public school systems, and the NFL, have all upheld policies and affirmed same-sex relationships and homosexuality. We are all having to accept the fact that in the New America, there is a new demographic called “Gay American,” that are recognized as a legitimate, official, respected people group by all major American Institutions—including many church leaders and some (mainly liberal) denominations. The social acceptance of homosexuality has occurred in America primarily within the past ten years—from the fall of Gov. McGreevey to the rise of Mr. Michael Sam.”
While some churches and religious individuals are selling out and endorsing homosexual behavior sight unseen, others are digging in and throwing more condemnation wood on the fire. Pastor McKissic writes that those two extremes do not reflect the truth of scripture.
So, how do Kingdom citizens relate to gay and a new gay-friendly America? What are saints to do now that we recognize that we live in Sodom? I’ll tell you what we must do. We must love the homosexual unconditionally, while we preach and practice grace, love, and truth uncompromisingly.
1. First, we must acknowledge that at least three Scriptures indicate, or suggest that homosexual relationships would be widely accepted and approved of before Christ returns.
2. Not only are saints to accept the fact that living in Sodom is an inevitable biblical reality or prophesy coming true, we must also be like the two witnesses in Revelation and speak the truth in love to all who ask about our faith, or our belief in the Judeo-Christian concept of marriage between one man and one woman.
3. Finally, the best offense is a good defense. Seattle just proved that in the Super Bowl. Therefore, the remnant faith community needs to strengthen the bonds of our marriages.
Part prophetic and part introspective correction, the solution is one that wise saints will embrace, share and practice in these coming days. The only thing I would add to Pastor McKissic’s counsel is be prepared to exit Sodom quickly when our call comes.
Read the entire When Saints live in Sodom
Incredible cutting edge message by Dallas Dr. Jack Graham. Avoiding popular opinion, Pastor Graham goes right to the heart of such issues as same-sex marriage and attraction, when life really begins, and whether or not love can really last a lifetime. Pastor Graham teaches the differences between media-oriented hype and the truth for those who value God’s truth for their lives. A powerful message from God full of grace and truth.
Yesterday, we posted an apologetic video in which a NC minister dismantled numerous arguments used by the homosexual affirmation movement. This video is different. It isnt a defense of the faith against error from intentional enemies and concepts. In this one, a pastor from California, lays out an incredible plan to help people who struggle with same sex attractions and behavior get free and stay free. Pastor Michael Kelly cites the latest science, tried and true scripture, compassion and raw truth leading to a climatic call to come to Christ and be free. Along the way, he manages to speak to the church at large and all who have a struggle with the struggle. Watch and listen to this message entitled “Complexity of Explanations”. Pastor Kelly deals with the subject of same sex relationships and unhealthy opposite sex relationships and how the church can become a safe place for life change. This is about welcoming change and affirming redemption.
Watch and listen as Brannon Phillips, a minister from Lexington, NC systematically destroys arguments supporting homosexual ideology, including gay christian ideology.
We hear from fools all the time on this blog. I generally reject their attempts to have a voice here because the words of a fool are like airborne infections. They protest charging “censorship”, “discrimination” and the likes but The Bible warns us not to answer a fool according to his folly. In other words, you can’t reason with a person infected with a foolish mind. In case you don’t know how to recognize a fool, Dr. Matthew Stevenson, pastor in Chicago penned a handy guide on how to recognize one, biblical style. And a fool should be properly labeled.
1. A Fool is anyone who despises wisdom, instruction or correction from a Mentor or Teacher. Proverbs 1:7 ” The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge,but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
2. A Fool is anyone that uses slander through lying and misrepresentation. Proverbs 10:18 ” He that uttereth slander is a FOOL”
3. A Fool is anyone who refuses to depart from evil, even when corrected. Proverbs 13:19 “But is is an abomination to Fools, to depart from evil. ”
4. A Fool is anyone who does not take the dangers of Sin seriously. Proverbs 14:9 ” Fools mock at sin; but among the righteous there is favor”
5. A Fool is anyone who does not use discretion, with matters that should be private. Proverbs 14:33 ” Wisdom rests in the heart of him that has understanding, but that which is in the midst of a Fool, will be made known. ”
6. A Fool is anyone that disregards the wisdom of a Godly father. Proverbs 15: 5 ” A FOOL despises a Fathers instruction, but he that regards reproof is prudent”
7.A Fool is anyone whose conduct does not change even after experiencing painful consequences from it. Proverbs 17:10 ” A reproof entereth more into a wise man, that a hundred stripes on a Fool”
8.A Fool is anyone who considers pursuing wisdom as a waste of time. Proverbs 17:16 ” Wherefore is there a price in the hand of a fool to get wisdom, seeing that he hath no heart for it? Proverbs 17:16
9.A Fool is anyone who calls Himself mad at God Proverbs 19:3 ” The Foolish, perverts His way, and His heart fretteth against the Lord”
10. A Fool is someone who is always involved in strife. Proverbs 20:3 It is an honour for a man to cease from strife, but every fool will be involved in meddling.”
11. A Fool is someone who has no understanding of sowing and reaping. 1 Cor 15:36
12. A fool is any man who spends more money that he is able to earn for his family. Proverbs 21:20 ” There is treasure to be desired and oil in the dwelling of the wise, but a foolish man spendeth it up!”
13. A Fool is anyone who creates his own belief system contrary to the word of God. Proverbs 28:26 ” He that trusts his own heart IS A FOOL, but whoever walks wisely will be delivered.
14. A Fool is anyone who refuses to pay His debts! Ecclesiastes 5: 4-5 ” When thou vowest a vow unto God, defer not to pay it, for hath no pleasure in FOOLS. “
15. A Fool is anyone who makes Money, Riches or Money making his god. Luke 12: 20-21 ” But God said unto Him, THOU FOOL, this night thy soul shall be required of thee, then whose things be which thou hast provided? So that he that layeth up treasures for himself is not rich towards God”
16.A Fools lips is ALWAYS at the center of division, strife and contention. Proverbs 18:6-7 ” A fools lips enter into contention, and his mouth calls for strokes. A fools mouth is his destruction, and his lips are the snare of his soul.”
17. A FRIEND of fools, will be destroyed. Proverbs 13:20 ” He that walketh with wise men shall be wise, but the companion of FOOLS shall be destroyed”
18. LIARS are fools. Proverbs 10:8 ” He that hideth hatred with lying lips….is a fool.
19. Foolishness and Fool like behavior will reveal the spiritual and mental age of a person. It must be BEAT out of Him. Proverbs 22:15 ” Foolishness is in the heart of a Child, but a ROD of correction, drives it fare from him!”
20. A Fool cant be changed through counsel. Proverbs 23:9 ” Speak not in the ears of a fool, He will despise the words of they wisdom”
21. A Fool should NEVER be in any form of leadership. Proverbs 24:7 ” Wisdom is TOO high for a fool, he openeth not his mouth at the gate”
22. A fool is destructive to all that trust Him. Proverbs 26:6 ” He that sendeth a message by the hand of a fool, cutteth off his feet and drinks damage”
23. A fool wont change, irrespective of him saying wise things. Proverbs 26:7 ” The legs of the lame are not equal, so are parables in the mouth of a fool”
24. A fool who gets honor is deadly to those around him. Proverbs 26:8 ” He that bindeth a stone to a sling, is the same that giveth honour to a fool”
25. A fool is someone who makes the same mistakes repeatedly Proverbs 26:11 ” as a dog returns to his vomit, so is a fool, that returns to his folly”
26. Meeting a BEAR is safer than encountering a Fool. Proverbs 17:12 ” Let a bear robbed of her children, meet a man rather that a fool in his folly.”
27. There is no PEACE in relationship with a Fool. Proverbs 29:9 ” If a wise man contends with a foolish man, whether he laughs or is in rage, there is no rest!:
28. An atheist is a fool. Psalms 14:1 ” The FOOL hath said in his heart there is no God.
29. Conversations with Fools, may turn you into one. Proverbs 26:4 ” Answer not a fool in his folly, lest you be like unto him.”
30. A Fool TALKS TOO MUCH! Ecclesiastes 5: 3″ A Fools voice is known by the multitude of His words”