Category Archives: blogs
Over the last twenty years, you’ve seen them fall like dominoes: the so-called Christian denominations that have policied themselves into homosexual acceptance. It doesn’t just happen. The homosexual antinominialists and their blind eye allies, employ a number of subversive tactics to turn whole denominations away from what used to be their foundational principles. A major problem of the contemporary church and its Sauls Army of members is that their fear of what homosexuals are doing is evident. That fear has emboldened an enemy of the cross that could be put down with one smooth stone. But there must exist a resolve to do so.
A great blog on the Gospel Coalition site by Kevin DeYoung takes you past the smoke and mirrors and reveals how this train wreck of a theological tragedy is occurring before our very eyes. DeYoung cites Tom Oden’s prophetic book of warning “Requiem”. Three steps and centuries of foundational truth is trashed as if it were a musty pair of old socks. Tolerate. Accept. Endorse.
The first step is always a study committee.
In response to claims for moral legitimization of behaviors widely thought displeasing to God, each of the mainline denominations has dutifully appointed elaborate study commissions to report back to the general legislative body on how the church might respond to this form of sexual orientation, practice, and advocacy. (152)
If the first study committee comes back with a traditional reading of the text, or if the legislative body dismisses the committee’s progressive interpretation, you can always assign another study committee amidst outcries that the recalcitrant conservatives suffer from “homophobia and reactionary stupidity” (153).
And if the traditional view cannot be overturned right away, try dismissing the whole controversy by telling people (with no small amount of chronological snobbery) that saner Christians understand this is nothing worth fighting over.
The fact that homosexual practice is not a weighty moral matter was asserted by the United Methodist Sexuality Report as a “consensus among Christian ethicists,” yet without any evidence to support this curious assertion. All the conspicuous Christian teachers who have resisted same-sex intercourse (John Chrysostom, Augustine, Thomas Aquinas, Martin Luther, John Calvin, and other consensual ecumenical teachers) are weighed in the debate less heavily than selected modern proponents of moral relativism and utilitarian permissivism. (153)
The next step is admonish “the people of God to wait for a firm ‘scientific consensus’” on the matter (154).
Then some leading lights in the denomination can offer new exegetical avenues for avoiding the traditional understanding of familiar texts. Three evasions in particular are quite popular.
The first evasion is that the normative moral force of all biblical texts on same-sex intercourse may be explained away by their cultural context. This leads to the conclusion that any statement in the Bible can be reduced to culturally equivocal ambiguity and indeterminacy on the premise of cultural relativism…
The second evasion hinges upon a strung out interpretation on Romans 1:26-27…
The third evasion argues that when Genesis 1:27 declares that God created male and female, the text has no normative significance for how sexual behavior is to be understood, since it is merely a distinction with no further moral meaning. (154-55)
If all else fails, the final step is to announce triumphantly and with a terrific celebration of grace that “Christ is, in an amoral fashion, the end of the law” and charge others with legalism if they don’t share in your antinomianism (156).
A child is innocent of the agendas of adults. Why don’t we just begin by making that provisionary statement? No matter how wicked and misguided the adults are, children cannot be held liable for such wickedness.
The Vision Cathedral of Atlanta just got a new member this morning. Congrats to Bishop Oliver Clyde Allen,III and First Gentlemen Rashad Burgess on the new arrival of their new bundle of joy ‘Caylee LaTanya Burgess-Allen.‘
Message from the Family:
“We are proud to announce the birth of a healthy 8.1 lbs. baby, born Thursday January 10, 2013 at 8:23am. The surprise is that it’s a little girl! Her name is, Caylee LaTanya Burgess-Allen. She’s so precious and we love how she has already brought such meaning to our lives. We are humbled and grateful to have such loving and supportive grandparents, godparents, family, a loving Church, faith community, coworkers and beautiful friends who are committed to us.
Should we be happy that a false prophet has adopted a child? Should we be happy that this baby is in a “family” that will raise her? Isn’t this just a private affair that we have no business talking about?
The answers are no, no and no.
No, because Jesus never congratulated false prophets on their adopted (or birth) children. He knew that congratulating them would only give legitimacy to the dangerous doctrine they espoused. Instead he told us to beware of them and their intentions. In fact, everything they do is suspect because their motives are suspect.
No, because there are plenty of families that could have adopted this child and brought her up in the fear and admonition of the Lord (Eph 6:4). Admonition means to give “cautionary advice or warning.” They would have to warn this child that living a sexually immoral life will prevent her from entering into the kingdom of God (1 Cor 6). But of course these two religious homosexuals can’t do that without being hypocritical. They don’t even teach that to the adults that follow them.
And no because they made the event public, thus inviting public approval or public scorn.
After looking at the picture, an obvious question stands to be asked. Which one of these men was impregnated by the other and carried this child inside him for nine months, then birthed the child out of the womb? The answer is as obvious as the ironic picture. Neither. Its a biological, genetic and complete impossibility for either to do so. They have no capacity whatsoever to do so. And guess who made it that way? God. Such an obvious question and equally obvious answer only reinforces the truth about God, genders, sex and sexuality that OC Allen and his gay church have tried so hard to erase through false teachings.
This is exactly why homosexuality is unnatural in every sense of the word. Everything is artificial because they have zero capacity to produce anything by the God-created natural processes. And that extends to spiritual life as well. Perversion is bringing this child into their deceptive play house/play church game. And honestly it takes a great deal of money to tunnel around the natural processes God created.
The homosexual movement is dying of legitimacy thirst. They desperately crave everyone and everything to 100% agree with and 100% celebrate their sexual habits, their emotions, their social dogma, their false churches, their made to order families and the entire facade they’ve created as legitimate. But how can you when its clear as day, that its not? That’s why now you see them using the force of trumped up laws and policies to get what they want.
The only good that can come of this is praying that the child will grow up and reject the lie Allen and his partner will live before her. Pastor Harvey Burnett wrote on his blog, “I pray that this little girl grows to be a mighty and strong advocate for the word of God and stands firm AGAINST the homosexual confusion that her “pretend dads” and apostate church embraces. Like all the other children coming up through that ministry because of deluded parents who continue to be deceived, I pray that her mind and spirit is protected from all further ungodliness and perversion of the flesh such as what this “minister” and church sets forth and what apostate minds such as these endorse in this day we call the “modern age” or modern era.”
No doubt the homosexual activist movement is being successful at reverse bullying. Claiming to be victims while actually operating as predators. In fact, the homosexual movement is the largest mass public deception campaign to be launched since the Nazis pretended like there were no Jewish concentration camps. Just like people fell for the lie 50 years ago, the evidence shows how easy it is for people to be deceived again by aggressive propaganda campaigns. Christians have not been immune and are among the worst infected. Trojan horse ideologies like “tolerance, acceptance and diversity” have helped to significantly weaken the power of the church in an increasingly rotting culture. On the issue of homosexuality, the church has become little more than a passive bystander, if not a fearful, passive bystander.
But the Illinois based Americans for Truth about Homosexuality (AFTAH), who has been on the vanguard of exposure and awareness of the real face of the gay rights movement has posted 20 resolutions to help concerned individuals get back on track. Ready to get your salt, light and sword working again?
1) Get OFF the defense, and back on offense – (get rid of that false guilt and incapacitating ambivalence; YOU are defending Truth; homosexual activists are promoting immorality, self-deception and lies).
2) Follow God and not man (shore up your biblical beliefs) – do you fear God or the reaction of people?
3) “Question Authority”: Don’t trust elites – even “conservatives” — on the homosexual issue (e.g., Newt Gingrich’s recent capitulation urging a GOP accommodation on “marriage equality”). [See Numbers 9 and 12.]
4) Get back to the BEHAVIOR and its consequences (try Googling “MSM [men who have sex with men], CDC [the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention], HIV” or “MSM, CDC, Syphilis”…)
5) Get off the opponents’ playing field: it starts with restoring honest language in the debate. (e.g, counterfeit homosexual “marriage” is not equal to the real deal, so the “gay” term “Marriage Equality” is spurious).
6) Recognize, dismiss and counter homosexual activists’ lies and propaganda (e.g, defending morality is neither “hate” nor bigotry).
7) Understand that this debate is really about homosexuality, not just “defending marriage.”
[Corollary] Stay principled; take the pledge: I will NEVER say or do anything that affirms homosexual, bisexual or gender-confused (“transgender”) behavior as acceptable.
9) Don’t rely on the Republicans or put their agenda before God’s – but instead push them to LEAD and do what’s right (and you moral Democrats need to fight evil within your party). [See #3.]
10) Embrace and rally behind common sense; send political correctness packing (e.g., do transsexual men with fake breasts and real penises really belong in girls’ locker rooms?).
11) STOP assuming “gay” victories are inevitable and not reversible (and don’t succumb to the media’s intense pro-homosexual bias).
12) [Related to #3] Think for yourself and don’t rely on FOX News to defend the Truth on homosexuality (e.g., did you know that Bill O’Reilly has pretty much switched sides?).
13) Call out the liberal media and educational establishment on their routine pro-homosexual and anti-Christian bias.
14) Educate a libertarian – on the clear and present threat that all pro-LGBT laws (including legalized homosexual “marriage”) pose to civil liberties and religious freedom.
15) Educate a pro-lifer about the threat of the far-reaching homosexual-bisexual-transgender agenda (many pro-lifers are naive or ignorant about the homosexual agenda and its many parallels to their core concern).
16) Be a thoughtful, truly compassionate Christian (tough, godly love and friendship require that you uphold biblical sexual values and firmly guide your loved one away from embracing sinful, destructive — and changeable — behaviors).
17) Be a Happy Warrior and understand the big picture: defending Truth is VIRTUOUS, and besides: it’s not our truth, it’s God’s (and don’t play into our opponent’s stereotype of Christians as self-righteous, angry prudes).
18) Don’t be lazy: THINK!…then act (refuting “gay” myths, shibboleths and talking points is not rocket science).
19) Patiently engage a young person on the “H” issue: are they entitled to reinvent centuries of Judeo-Christian tradition and teaching on love, relationships, family, and marriage? (Answer: no, but we first need to understand the cultural zeitgeist through which they view the world — and the steady stream of LGBT misinformation they are imbibing — before we can respond to it).
20) Reserve your greatest outrage for those who affirm homosexuality in the name of God – i.e., religious “gay” advocates (“gay Christianity” is a sham and they must be held to a higher standard).
Pastor Mike Campagna at Heart for God blog has an incredible writeup about false teachers, false prophets and false shepherds. He explains the differences between them as well as talks about how the devil uses “photoshop” religion to deceive both unbelievers and believers alike.
How to Tell a False Prophet:
1. A false prophet can have the ability to do signs and wonders. (Mark 13:22)
2. A false prophet declares out of his own imaginations and not Christ. (Ezekiel 13:2-3)
3. A false prophet can be bought. He speaks pleasantly to those who feed him. (Micah 3:5)
4. A false prophet disguises himself as a believer while all the time he’s under the control of the devil. (Matthew 7:15-23)
How to Tell a False Teacher:
1. A false teacher portrays himself as having knowledge when he does not. (1 Timothy 1:7)
2. A false teacher offers contrary doctrine to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. (1 Timothy 6:3-5)
3. A false teacher speaks what people want to hear instead of what people need to hear. (2 Timothy 4:3-4)
4. A false teacher is bound to wickedness, unconverted and destined for destruction. (2 Peter 2:1-3)
How to Tell a False Shepherd:
1. A false shepherd is only concerned for himself and not the flock. (Ezekiel 34:2-3)
2. A false shepherd leads the flock astray in word and deed. (Jeremiah 50:6)
3. A false shepherd abandons the flock when they need him the most. (John 10:12)
4. A false shepherd does not exalt the Good Shepherd. (John 10:14-15)
With all types of bizarre, weird and unseemly teachings and practices coming out from so called leaders in the Christian church, you would do yourself a big favor by reading Pastor Mike’s entire blog and get educated so you can avoid the traps set by false trisectomy.
The Senator Qheleth blog has taken time to deconstruct a great deal of the vortex of religious revision by the johnny come lately child false prophet Matthew Vines. Vines claims that he studied the bible for two entire years because he was dissatisfied that as a homosexual he wasn’t allowed to be happy and have sex with another man. Not surprisingly, his two years of bible study yeilded nothing different from the other false teachers before him.
Despite the obvious signs of a spiritual ineptitude, Vines was quickly snapped up by the religious homosexual world like he was fresh meat at a gay club. He may not be aware that he is simply a pawn to spread lies, but most his age are not. The insatiable thirst of those who spread lies about homosexuality and the bible are always looking for new faces to smooth out the deceptive poison and it looks like they hit paydirt with Vines.
According to SQ, Vines elementary argument is “so weak it would fail first year seminary. There are a tremendous number of problems with what he has said- especially his misplaced assertion that traditional interpretations of Scripture on homosexuality have done nothing but ‘damaged’ people- and I cannot deal with them all here.”
Vines’ type of shallow thinking and exegetically deficient rhetoric is what progay teachers thrive on. Consequently, the Theology-R-US approach to one of the most serious moral issues raised in our times is quite frankly disastrous. The reason they take such great pains to avoid honest exploration of the truth is because lies are always built on cleverly devised misinterpretations that produce a plethora of questions and doubt. Hath God said?
SQ does an excellent job cutting through the weeds and underbrush of Vines’ pitiful theology to show that behind the poorly crafted dog and pony show is whats behind most dog and pony shows: hype and no substance.
Vines’ position is undergirded by a feel-good theology of avoiding loneliness. Time and again throughout his talk, Vines made statements like “We’re now forcing gay men to be alone, calling what God has made to be not good … the Bible explicitly rejects forced loneliness as God’s will for human beings”. While loneliness is never an ideal state for man to be in (Prov. 18:1), neither do ends (finding a solution for loneliness) justify means (constructing whatever relationships one can to avoid being alone). Jesus Himself was a lonely, misunderstood man and not once did He complain about it: He took it to God and used it to honour God and bless others. Christian theology never sees loneliness- or, more accurately, aloneness- as an end in itself. Neither is it true that single, unmarried, ‘unhitched’ Christians are all alone and miserable (Heb. 13:5). If Vines really believe this, then he must be a troubled, insecure individual and have nothing but disdain for singles. Christ and Paul (Matt. 19:10-12, 1 Cor. 7:32) both are at odds with this, but Vines has not done the theological gruntwork through this and his theology on singlehood is on very shaky ground, and he would do well to take note that when the first man was alone that Yahweh provided a woman in a marriage covenant to alleviate the problem (Gen. 2:18,22). If a person is single and chaste, God can use them powerfully (e.g. Corrie ten Boom, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, John Stott, J.I. Packer, John Chapman, Paul, and Christ).
False teachers always craft their ideology out of personal conjecture using emotionally charged issues to refute biblical truth. That may be attractive to weak, biblically illiterate individuals who are looking for an excuse to sin, but it would never pass the muster of truth that makes people free. John 8:32
Believe yours is a prophetic voice?
Have a command of words to impact others?
Not currently writing?
Tired of sitting on the sidelines?
Hiding your gift under a bushel but want to let it out?
Want to write for the top blog dealing with contemporary church issues, especially homosexuality?
If the answer to all of these questions in yes, then GCM Watch is looking for you. There is an explosion of events occurring around us each day and its the role of GCMW to speak with clarity and interpret to the believing church what it means for us going forward. Thus, GCMW is seeking 2-3 new writers and commentators to replenish our team. If you are interested you must agree with our statement of faith, submit to an interview and be willing to handle some “assignment” writing as well as be a team player. Submit 1-2 writing samples to email@example.com. In the subject line, put “write for GCMW”.
We’ll be waiting to get your email