Category Archives: instruction
San Francisco based author Erik F. Wait has jumped to the forefront of scholarly exposition on gay christian theology with his new book Do Not Be Deceived: A Christian Worldview Response to Gay Theology and a blog of the same name.
We’ve known Erik for many years and his work is a welcome addition to the massive task of educating the church and equipping the saints on one of the most insidious attacks on the faith in recent memory.
The 674 page book is no lightweight read. It thoroughly addresses flawed epistemological foundations, as well as the hermeneutical errors of this growing movement and provides a thorough exegesis of the relevant Biblical texts on human sexuality.
Sadly the gay church movement and its parasitic theology has caused massive damage to foundational beliefs which have sustained the church through many challenges. But this is an internal spiritual infection and its unassuming until the symptoms began to appear.
Deception and spiritual identity fraud is just as much a growing problem for the church as it is in the secular world. They take it very seriously and have developed all types of protective measures but the church still treats identity fraud as a low priority issue. This is why gay church theology has been able to deceive so many so quickly.
You can protect yourself and innoculate yourself with this powerful resource Do Not Be Deceived.
Dr. James White of Alpha and Omega Ministries, an apologetics ministry based in Phoenix, is part of a growing cadre of Christian leaders responding to the threat of the gay christian movement. Fueled by the rise of new false teachers like Matthew Vines, more and more Christian leaders are taking on the apostate movement head on and with determination. In a newly released video White, dismantles many of the shallow gay christian theological arguments.
Watch Part 2 here.
Pastor Dwight McKissic’s new blog post is an insightful look at the past and the present. Its a significant blueprint for the 21st century church that strives to remain true to the will of God as we navigate growing governmental acceptance of homosexuality and the specter of persecution that waits silently in the wings.
In it, the influential black Southern Baptist pastor of Cornerstone Church in Arlington, Texas asks “How Should Kingdom Citizens Relate to Gay and A New Gay-Friendly America?”
The righteous of our day have been seemingly transported back to the spirit and age that existed in ancient sodom where perversion and the disregard for life were the dominant vices that gripped the region’s residents. Most may not realize that Sodom was prosperous and influential by modern standards. It was one of the reasons Lot was attracted to the area. Besides its moral perversion, Ezekiel pointed out that one of the city’s fatal flaws that it had ‘excess of food and prosperous” (ESV) but had no concern for those suffering. (16:49)
Saints of today are increasing confronted by the challenges of a new sodom. Homosexuality is seen as a virtue to be celebrated and affirmed. Those who refuse to dance to the music are marginalized, demonized and subjected to punitive actions by the state. Clearly, things have changed wrote Pastor McKissic.
“The world that I was born into in 1956 did not officially and affirmatively recognize a “gay” person as a sociological category that merited celebration, congratulations, affirmation, special rights in addition to civil rights, minority status, entitlements, or any of the like. Heretofore, identity and recognition as a human being, American citizen, male or female, a member of a people group, religious affiliation, or your Daddy’s name, was sufficient. Within the past decade, the U.S. military, pulpits, POTUS, SCOTUS, Halls of Congress, popular votes in certain states, the public school systems, and the NFL, have all upheld policies and affirmed same-sex relationships and homosexuality. We are all having to accept the fact that in the New America, there is a new demographic called “Gay American,” that are recognized as a legitimate, official, respected people group by all major American Institutions—including many church leaders and some (mainly liberal) denominations. The social acceptance of homosexuality has occurred in America primarily within the past ten years—from the fall of Gov. McGreevey to the rise of Mr. Michael Sam.”
While some churches and religious individuals are selling out and endorsing homosexual behavior sight unseen, others are digging in and throwing more condemnation wood on the fire. Pastor McKissic writes that those two extremes do not reflect the truth of scripture.
So, how do Kingdom citizens relate to gay and a new gay-friendly America? What are saints to do now that we recognize that we live in Sodom? I’ll tell you what we must do. We must love the homosexual unconditionally, while we preach and practice grace, love, and truth uncompromisingly.
1. First, we must acknowledge that at least three Scriptures indicate, or suggest that homosexual relationships would be widely accepted and approved of before Christ returns.
2. Not only are saints to accept the fact that living in Sodom is an inevitable biblical reality or prophesy coming true, we must also be like the two witnesses in Revelation and speak the truth in love to all who ask about our faith, or our belief in the Judeo-Christian concept of marriage between one man and one woman.
3. Finally, the best offense is a good defense. Seattle just proved that in the Super Bowl. Therefore, the remnant faith community needs to strengthen the bonds of our marriages.
Part prophetic and part introspective correction, the solution is one that wise saints will embrace, share and practice in these coming days. The only thing I would add to Pastor McKissic’s counsel is be prepared to exit Sodom quickly when our call comes.
Read the entire When Saints live in Sodom
We hear from fools all the time on this blog. I generally reject their attempts to have a voice here because the words of a fool are like airborne infections. They protest charging “censorship”, “discrimination” and the likes but The Bible warns us not to answer a fool according to his folly. In other words, you can’t reason with a person infected with a foolish mind. In case you don’t know how to recognize a fool, Dr. Matthew Stevenson, pastor in Chicago penned a handy guide on how to recognize one, biblical style. And a fool should be properly labeled.
1. A Fool is anyone who despises wisdom, instruction or correction from a Mentor or Teacher. Proverbs 1:7 ” The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge,but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
2. A Fool is anyone that uses slander through lying and misrepresentation. Proverbs 10:18 ” He that uttereth slander is a FOOL”
3. A Fool is anyone who refuses to depart from evil, even when corrected. Proverbs 13:19 “But is is an abomination to Fools, to depart from evil. ”
4. A Fool is anyone who does not take the dangers of Sin seriously. Proverbs 14:9 ” Fools mock at sin; but among the righteous there is favor”
5. A Fool is anyone who does not use discretion, with matters that should be private. Proverbs 14:33 ” Wisdom rests in the heart of him that has understanding, but that which is in the midst of a Fool, will be made known. ”
6. A Fool is anyone that disregards the wisdom of a Godly father. Proverbs 15: 5 ” A FOOL despises a Fathers instruction, but he that regards reproof is prudent”
7.A Fool is anyone whose conduct does not change even after experiencing painful consequences from it. Proverbs 17:10 ” A reproof entereth more into a wise man, that a hundred stripes on a Fool”
8.A Fool is anyone who considers pursuing wisdom as a waste of time. Proverbs 17:16 ” Wherefore is there a price in the hand of a fool to get wisdom, seeing that he hath no heart for it? Proverbs 17:16
9.A Fool is anyone who calls Himself mad at God Proverbs 19:3 ” The Foolish, perverts His way, and His heart fretteth against the Lord”
10. A Fool is someone who is always involved in strife. Proverbs 20:3 It is an honour for a man to cease from strife, but every fool will be involved in meddling.”
11. A Fool is someone who has no understanding of sowing and reaping. 1 Cor 15:36
12. A fool is any man who spends more money that he is able to earn for his family. Proverbs 21:20 ” There is treasure to be desired and oil in the dwelling of the wise, but a foolish man spendeth it up!”
13. A Fool is anyone who creates his own belief system contrary to the word of God. Proverbs 28:26 ” He that trusts his own heart IS A FOOL, but whoever walks wisely will be delivered.
14. A Fool is anyone who refuses to pay His debts! Ecclesiastes 5: 4-5 ” When thou vowest a vow unto God, defer not to pay it, for hath no pleasure in FOOLS. “
15. A Fool is anyone who makes Money, Riches or Money making his god. Luke 12: 20-21 ” But God said unto Him, THOU FOOL, this night thy soul shall be required of thee, then whose things be which thou hast provided? So that he that layeth up treasures for himself is not rich towards God”
16.A Fools lips is ALWAYS at the center of division, strife and contention. Proverbs 18:6-7 ” A fools lips enter into contention, and his mouth calls for strokes. A fools mouth is his destruction, and his lips are the snare of his soul.”
17. A FRIEND of fools, will be destroyed. Proverbs 13:20 ” He that walketh with wise men shall be wise, but the companion of FOOLS shall be destroyed”
18. LIARS are fools. Proverbs 10:8 ” He that hideth hatred with lying lips….is a fool.
19. Foolishness and Fool like behavior will reveal the spiritual and mental age of a person. It must be BEAT out of Him. Proverbs 22:15 ” Foolishness is in the heart of a Child, but a ROD of correction, drives it fare from him!”
20. A Fool cant be changed through counsel. Proverbs 23:9 ” Speak not in the ears of a fool, He will despise the words of they wisdom”
21. A Fool should NEVER be in any form of leadership. Proverbs 24:7 ” Wisdom is TOO high for a fool, he openeth not his mouth at the gate”
22. A fool is destructive to all that trust Him. Proverbs 26:6 ” He that sendeth a message by the hand of a fool, cutteth off his feet and drinks damage”
23. A fool wont change, irrespective of him saying wise things. Proverbs 26:7 ” The legs of the lame are not equal, so are parables in the mouth of a fool”
24. A fool who gets honor is deadly to those around him. Proverbs 26:8 ” He that bindeth a stone to a sling, is the same that giveth honour to a fool”
25. A fool is someone who makes the same mistakes repeatedly Proverbs 26:11 ” as a dog returns to his vomit, so is a fool, that returns to his folly”
26. Meeting a BEAR is safer than encountering a Fool. Proverbs 17:12 ” Let a bear robbed of her children, meet a man rather that a fool in his folly.”
27. There is no PEACE in relationship with a Fool. Proverbs 29:9 ” If a wise man contends with a foolish man, whether he laughs or is in rage, there is no rest!:
28. An atheist is a fool. Psalms 14:1 ” The FOOL hath said in his heart there is no God.
29. Conversations with Fools, may turn you into one. Proverbs 26:4 ” Answer not a fool in his folly, lest you be like unto him.”
30. A Fool TALKS TOO MUCH! Ecclesiastes 5: 3″ A Fools voice is known by the multitude of His words”
Widespread sexual immorality (heterosexual and homosexual) is an invitation for God to unleash his divine judgment upon the children of men. In a day and age where religious folks use grace as an excuse to wink at sexual sin and nonreligious folk use logical fallacies to justify it, it still merits warning that God is no pushover.
First some contextual history, Paul writes to the Corinthians evoking examples of Isreal’s tragic history with God. Interesting that he cites this to the Corinthians. Perhaps because idolatry and sexual immorality was so rife in culture and had gushed into the church as well.
For I do not want you to be unaware, brothers, that our fathers were all under the cloud, and all passed through the sea, and all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea, and all ate the same spiritual food, and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank from the spiritual Rock that followed them, and the Rock was Christ. Nevertheless, with most of them God was not pleased, for they were overthrown in the wilderness.
Now these things took place as examples for us, that we might not desire evil as they did. Do not be idolaters as some of them were; as it is written, “The people sat down to eat and drink and rose up to play.” We must not indulge in sexual immorality as some of them did, and twenty-three thousand fell in a single day. We must not put Christto the test, as some of them did and were destroyed by serpents, nor grumble, as some of them did and were destroyed by the Destroyer. Now these things happened to them as an example, but they were written down for our instruction, on whom the end of the ages has come. 1 Cor 10:1-11
Two points that shouldnt escape notice:
1. These things happened as an example to us to avoid so that we also avoid the judgment of God.
2. These things (recorded in the Old Testament) are written for our instruction.
What are some of those things that were written down for our instruction?
In Genesis 19, God utterly destroyed the immoral cities of the plains. He sent burning sulfur from the heavens like rain until everything living was burned to the ground. Archealogists have estimated the population of Sodom and Gomorrah between 600-1200 people.
In Numbers 25, God sent a plague of fatal sexual diseases among Isreal after they rejected his commandment not to have sexual relationships with the women of Moab. 24,000 men died before God halted the plague on behalf of a brave man who took action to stop the sexual sins.
In Judges 19 and 20 we discover that homosexuals in the tribe of Benjamin commit a rape, a civil war erupts when Benjamin refuses to repent or turn over the offenders for punishment. It plunges Isreal into a blood bath. On God’s instructions to the other 11 tribes, men of Benjamin are nearly annihilated. Out of 25,000 only 1,000 remain to repopulate the tribe.
In 1 Kings 14 and 15, Jeroboam known as one of Isreal’s most wicked kings, set in motion events which led to the destruction of the Northern kingdom. He was a “socially tolerant” ruler who allowed sexual perversion to be celebrated through idolatrous practices.
Sexual immorality is a destructive disease to any society. Our own country is proof of that. More people have been killed over sexual issues that religion ever has. Millions of children slaughtered through abortion. Sexual diseases end millions of lives prematurely. Governments spend billions attempting to fix a problem that could be resolved with self control. But the wicked refuse to control themselves and they pass laws giving more “freedom” to those addicted to perversion. And the cycle continues and in the process everything and every person loses value. You may call God’s actions barbaric, but he acted to stop what would have been our own self destruction.
We are back at square one. Seems like people will not learn from the past so they are doomed to repeat it and suffer the consequences of it.
David Kyle Foster dismantles the ludicrous logic of gay activists who use seriously flawed logic to deny healing from homosexuality and the believer’s obligation to RESIST all temptation. Resisting temptation, no matter what it is, is an act of submissive obedience to the will of God. Watch, listen and be empowered.